Smiling is one of the best ways we can express our emotions. We show love, happiness, surprise, and excitement through a smile. However, when you’re not confident in your smile, you fail to show your joy. Those embarrassed by the color of their smile often hide behind their hands or simply don’t smile at all. With teeth whitening services by your dentist, you can begin showing your happiness through your smile again.
Could My Teeth Benefit from Teeth Whitening?
Yellowing or dulling teeth is a common occurrence. Numerous factors can affect the appearance of our smile, some more common than others. While some factors are unavoidable, we can reduce the effects others have on our teeth. Some common factors that lead to the need for teeth whitening include:
- Age- Over time, your teeth will naturally become dull. The enamel of your teeth tends to weaken as well, making your teeth appear more transparent.
- Injuries- Teeth can become darker in appearance due to harsh blows to the face or mouth.
- Tobacco- The use or consumption of tobacco products is always apparent or evident in someone’s smile. While damage occurs to your mouth, your teeth become dull, yellow, and stained.
- Drinks and food- Certain foods and beverages can darken or stain teeth. Coffee, red wine, and other richly pigmented items can cause your smile to become less than stellar.
- Medications- Some medications will cause teeth to darken over time.
Are Teeth Whitening Services Necessary?
With so many products available in stores and so many hack videos online, many people believe professional teeth whitening services are an unnecessary expense. They think they can achieve the same results at home on their own. However, this isn’t the case.
Home remedies like oil pulling or activated charcoal can actually cause more damage to your teeth. Charcoal can damage the enamel of your teeth while oil pulling can be dangerous to your health.
Over the counter products can help to a certain degree, but won’t give you the same results as a dentist. Gels in whitening kits can be harsh, causing irritation along the gumline. Trays and strips that aren’t custom to your teeth can leave gaps during treatment. This can lead to uneven shades and can even weaken your enamel.
Teeth Whitening Services in Orlando with Oasis Dental
If you’re looking for professional teeth whitening services in Orlando, look no further than Oasis Dental. Our team is ready to help you reclaim your smile through our dental services. Along with teeth whitening, we also provide the following dental services:
- Dental cleanings
- Oral cancer screening
- Porcelain veneers
- Dental implants
- Root canal therapy